Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Presidential Candidates

Hey Y'all
I know I am ridiculously late on this post, but here are my thoughts on the Presidential Candidates in 2008. I will break the three or four biggest candidates down by parties.
Democrats:
Hilary Clinton: Her husband was the second worst President in the last half of the twentieth century (Worst was Jimmy Carter), So why is she gonna be any different? Also I disagree with just about everything that she stands for-She is pro-choice, opposed to the Federal Marriage Amendment, and she (along with most of the other Dems) is in the back pocket of the loony left.
Barak Obama: Handsome, intelligent, a good public speaker, but his voting record is very liberal.
John Edwards: TRIAL LAWYER, Need I say more? also goes around talking about "Two Americas" while living in his HUGE mansion. He condemns everyone else for for doing exactly what he is doing.
Republicans:
John McCain: not all that conservative, proponent of open borders and amnesty, co sponsored the Campaign Finance Reform Bill that has been used to prevent preachers from speaking on political matters
Mitt Romney: MORMON- HUGE red flag there. Also, he is trying to pass himself off as really pro family, but I'm not sure he is really as conservative as he says he is.
Rudy Gulianni: LEFT OF OBAMA AND HILARY on social issues
Fred Thompson: the only one of the Big Seven that I might vote for. Socially He is probably the most conservative of them. I would vote for him over the other Big Seven.
They guy I really want is Sam Brownback out of Kansas. Social Conservative with many distinguished years in the Senate.
If it comes down to Hilary, and Gulianni, I will vote a third party candidate. I cannot in good conscience vote for any of the the big three Dems or three of the big four Republicans. In fact, it may get so bad that I may not vote. I hope it does not happen, but it just might.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts on Mr. Huckabee? (Aside from the obvious caveat about governors from Arkansas...)

Compassionate Conservative said...

I don't know enough on Huckabee to say anything, although there are quite a few people who I've met that reaaly like him as a conservative alternative to Gulianni, McCain, and Romney

FzxGkJssFrk said...

I was wondering why you didn't mention Huckabee, myself. I like him better than Brownback. I don't think he has a Frenchman's chance of winning the election, though.